And now in 2016 we have a clean and beautiful shed for our tools and lockers!
Neal Weissman has headed up this multi stage project and he writes:
Regarding the Shed. It was a multi-stage project.
- Step 1 Replace the overhead lights that were seriously in need of change.
- Step 2 Complete a massive clean out on our first community service day and remove all things on top of the lockers.
- Step 3 Use Rust-oleum to paint the lockers in the patriotic red, white, and blue, plus green for all of us our gardeners.
- Step 4 Stencil flowers and birds on alternating upper lockers in a variety of colors.
- Step 5 Labeled upper left corners with members' names.
- Step 6 Post plant comparability chart, plot map, and a notice to clean tools outside the shed.
- Step 7 Add carpeting and some armchairs -----just kidding!
Gardeners involved along with Neal this year were Jose, Philippe, Ron S, Kaz, and Florence Masoud's son. Last year, Karen labeled all the tool bins and we had a team who helped us get a refrigerator replacement. This year we have also had Arline who created our little library shelf! Thanks to all.
And don't forget to clean those tools before you put them back in our lovely shed space.