Anyone of any age with an underlying health condition or those who have been exposed to known cases of COVID-19 virus or those who are exhibiting any symptoms of sickness like fever or dry cough should always stay inside.
Individuals who do go outside for mental health and exercise should follow these crucial guidelines to stay safe in this serious time of global pandemic.
- Stay 6 - 10 feet from others at all times.
- Take a different pathway if it looks like you must cross near someone.
- Use clean gardening gloves at each visit. Disinfect tools and items used before and after use - even when using gloves.
- Keep the gates locked at all times. Avoid any direct contact with the gates and wash hands before and after all visits.
- Take any trash out on your own to AVAC. Do NOT leave any items in any common trash cans for others to dispose of.
- Never congregate in groups. Limit time spent in your garden out of courtesy to others.
update 3/22 re: organic materials from the garden
- The branch pile and new materials area of the communal compost system are closed and at capacity.
- Leave any clippings of any kind neatly in your own garden.